My research areas are focused on problems involving dynamic decisions under uncertainty. Typically, these problems involve the acquisition and processing of noisy information, and the use of processed information in support of dynamic decisions. Many of these decisions are combinatorial in nature, and require developments of new algorithm concepts in dynamic optimization.
Here are some topics that I am currently working on:
- Stochastic control for sensor management in support of active information seeking
- Cooperative control of unmanned air vehicles for joint sensing and surveillance
- Multisensor fusion in support of object classification, with applications to cancer diagnosis
- Simultaneous localization and mapping for navigation
- Distributed resource management and data fusion in sensor networks
These topics change as new ideas and collaborations arise. The best way to see what I am currently working on is to look at recent publications.
Sponsors for this research include the National Science Foundation, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, and the Army Research Office.